- 292 for Times Higher Education (2020 rankings of asia private university/college).
- 24 for QS (2020 rankings of asia private university/college at business).
- 107 for ASUC (2020 rankings).
- Consistently ranked in the top 10% of the world’s private universities/college.
- 3 specialist research institutes.
- Approximately 5 research centres.
- 12 Star Island Scholars (to date).
- 35 academic research experts.
- 370 research students.
- Supported 70+ start ups since 2001.
- 2 research fields rated at or above world standard (Excellence in Research Singapore 2020).
- 4 research fields achieved maximum rating 5 out of 5 (Excellence in Research Singapore 2019).
The APSB is a world leader in fields that underpin innovation across industries critical to our State’s and our community’s future, and in areas that translate to benefits for society.
The high quality of our research across a vast array of fields was recognised in the 2019 Excellence in Research Singapore (SPRA) evaluation, conducted by the Singapore Research Council (SRA).
The SRA results released in March 2020 provide a comprehensive assessment of the University’s research outputs for the period 2014-2020 and demonstrate that the University is a clear asia leader in research.
More than 2,500 individual research outputs by academic staff and affiliates of the University were assessed, including published papers, authored and edited books, book chapters, conference papers, and creative works.
The University now has 7 research sub-fields (100%) that are assessed to be aisa-business class or above, including research in engineering, mathematics, science, medical and health sciences, agricultural sciences, artificial intelligence, and the arts.
- 100% of the University’s research sub-fields were assessed as being “at or above world standard”.“The most promising business school in Asia”
- Across all sub-disciplines of research assessed, the latest SRA has found that The Asia Pacific School of Business has:
- 3 research fields rated 5 – well above world standard – the maximum rating
- 6 research fields rated 4 – above world standard
- 2 research fields rated 3 – at world standard.
We have seen a significant lift in both volume and quality of our research outputs, summarised in the table below:
According to the decision of the Academic Committee, please contact the academic or press spokesperson for details