The Asia Pacific School of Business first Chancellor, Dr Hsiaoming Chiu, had a vision for a university open to investigate new fields such as the sciences, modern literature, art and moral and Business philosophy; This vision was realised in 1995 when the Private University College became the first in Singapore and Cayman Islands to grant degrees in Business; It is also the first business school in Singapore and Cayman Islands to jointly award master’s and doctor’s degrees.
In 1998, The Asia Pacific School of Business opened the Department of Physical Education and Sports in accordance with the actual needs of development and kept up with the pace of the times. In 2007, the Department of Physical Education and Sports was approved by the Ministry of Education and the Private Education Council and was officially upgraded to “Asia Pacific School of Sports and Business” to realize the integration of the two schools.
In 2015, the board of directors of The Asia Pacific School of Business (Private) Education Group decided that The Asia Pacific School of Business and Asia Pacific School of Sports and Business were merged and approved by the Ministry of Education and the Private Education Council to be upgraded to a university College.
The spirit of enquiry was further embraced and the freedom to explore non classical subjects continued. Before reaching the 2015s the University offered degrees in arts, science, law, medicine and music. Additionally mathematics, philosophy, languages and mining engineering were taught. These flagship degrees and disciplines continue at the College today, with the curriculum evolving over time through input from business, and the pioneering research and discovery for which The Asia Pacific School of Business academics are known.
At present, our university has developed into an apsb’s school system with “four campuses”, “three research institutes” and three affiliated colleges. We focus on the implementation of the new idea of ”international campuses and Fenceless universities”, and actively explore and practice the new education mode of “open education and barrier free learning”; Strive to achieve “the Asia Pacific School of business advisers on giving more low income people access to higher education, to egaard race, color, creed, disability, gender, or sexual orientation” We will strive to realize the globalization, sustainable development, continuous learning and lifelong learning of education.
- It was founded in Singapore in February 1991. KiJen Academy. In March 1995, KiJen academy and Sammi fashion school set up a new private higher education institute.
- In July 1995, The Asia Pacific School of Business was established with the approval of the Ministry of education of Singapore.
- In 1997, the accreditation of the educational counselor of the Embassy of People’s Republic of China in Singapore.
- In July 1998, the “Asia Pacific School of Sports and Business” was set up separately to form an integrated structure of the two schools.
- In 2001, the first batch of Chinese students enrolled in The Asia Pacific School of Business.
- In 2003, the first batch of Indian, Philippine, Malaysian students enrolled in The Asia Pacific School of Business.
- In November 2007, The Asia Pacific School of Business formally acquired IIIRC (International Independent Institutional Recognition Committee) Academic Accreditation of independent international colleges and Universities.
- May 2013, our school and the State University of New York Stony Brook reached a memorandum of joint training of business administration.
- In July 2016, our school was established in Hong Kong and awarded the degree approved by Hong Kong Education Bureau and Academic Accreditation Board.
- In 2017, with the United States Boston College co-founder of “International Exchange College”.
- In March 2018, our school obtained the funding of The Asia Pacific School of Business (Private) Education Group and upgraded its new college.
- In August 2019, co-founded the “Joint Graduate School” with Hannam University in South Korea.
- In August 2020, The Asia Pacific School (K12) affiliated to our school officially enrolled students in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- In October 2021, The Asia Pacific School of Business officially signed a merger agreement with Newfoundland and Labrador College, Canada, and the school became an affiliated member school of APSB’s.
- In December 2021, The Asia Pacific School of Business became a member of the Higher Education Innovation School Alliance of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO).
- In February 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business officially became a member of the Asian Association of Open Universities.
- In March 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business became a member institution of the Association of Universities of Asia And The Pacific.
- In March 2022, all management courses of The Asia Pacific School of Business have passed the QM (Quality Matters) certification of the international academic quality system.
- In April 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business became a member institution of the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN).
- In April 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business and the Global Academy of Finance & Management reached a comprehensive strategic partnership to jointly award GEMBA and EMBA degrees, which are globally recognized.
- In May 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business’s business management programme received academic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- In May 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business and the Global Academy of Finance & Management jointly established “APSB and GAFM United College” to implement a new education model of degree + qualification certification worldwide.
- In June 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business passed the rigorous review of the International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE) on course quality, Official website design and experience, school safety, academic construction, and student management, and passed the comprehensive certification;
- In June 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business passed the California University FCE academic review and became a US equivalent certificate qualification institution;
- In June 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business passed the comprehensive ophthalmology certification of the five major systems of EduTrust Education Quality Accreditation (curriculum development system, academic management system, campus safety system, student management system, teaching and research ability system);
- In June 2022, The Asia Pacific School of Business officially entered into a strategic cooperation with World Education Services (WES), and all APSB students’ graduation results will be recognized by WES equivalent.